The Word of God illuminated by the Holy Spirit is refreshing, exciting and rich.
A few years ago God gave me a passage that I loved, Ephesians 5:1-2
“Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” (ESV)
These verses became so powerful to me that I tattooed the reference on my foot. I wanted that constant reminder that I was to imitate Christ and to walk in love.
The moments in my life where God is doing something spectacular, showing His love and wisdom to me in powerful ways are the moments I want to share with others.
This new year I find that God is doing all these things. That I literally feel that God is wooing me, drawing me close to Him and pouring His love and His spirit into me.
Many things are changing. I moved back home to Houston. I finished school and my long career with academia. I left a job and a group of friends I loved and stepped out into the unknown. I am preparing for my state licensing exam and following God’s call to be a Christian Counselor. I am seeking any kind of paid employment. I am reconnecting with friends and family. I am joining a new church. I am trying new things. I am meeting new people.
However, the most wonderful change is the change God has made in me.
I feel that God is changing me into a new person. Refreshing my spirit, renewing my mind, and showing me different ways to live and walk with Him.
This year, I feel God has given me a new verse and a new word.
Matthew 9:22 (ESV)
“…Daughter, take courage; your faith has made you well…”
Courage
What does it mean to “take courage”? And what are all the implications for “your faith has made you well”?
I look forward to sharing all the ways in which God has been showing me how to live courageously and how in so many ways he has made me to “be well” as I step out in faith with Him.
In His Grace,
April
i'm putting you on my google reader, april! i want to keep up with what's going on in your life. SO excited to see what God does in and through you!
ReplyDelete